Thursday, February 8, 2007

Items in Indian team #1

I am giggling to myself at odd times from the last two days. It has to do with Trivedi's pearl "And guys like Powar, who look like thieves should not be allowed in the team. In sab candidates ka screen test hona chahiye." He also mused that Powar is the true successor of pocketmaar Sunil Joshi in the Indian team. I tried to rationalize and restrain myself, but it did not help. I have given up after setting eyes on the following.





I like his bowling though. Watching a spinner toss the ball up and beating batsmen in flight to hit the stumps is joyful. Treat yourself, watch the last 5 mins of this.

4 comments:

Tapas said...

this post should have been titled "chor machaye shor"..

Gautam said...

Hey Sandeep,
This is Gautam,(Sameera's Brother). I think Powar will pip Sreesanth to make it to the WC sqad, dravid recently said Powar was competing with one of the seamers to make it, watching sreesanth bowl in one days powar must all smiles!!

Sundeep Pattem said...

Welcome aboard, Gautam :).

That's true, Sreesanth is all over the place! But I would think the choice is now between Powar and Munaf, right? All other slots taken, I think. And since we'd have Agarkar, Zaheer and Pathan as fast bowlers, the selectors would rather have a fast bowling option in Munaf.

Sundeep Pattem said...

Ok, so you think none of
Kaif/Raina/Gambhir is in contention. Hmm...didn't think on those lines, but not sure.