Saturday, March 3, 2007

Life and Timepass

A deep insight has dawned upon me. Timepass subsumes everything. It gives meaning to our life. Whatever we do is for Timepass only. I spent a considerable amount of time on trying to think of one, just one voluntary activity in my life which cannot be categorized as Timepass. From drawing a complete blank[1], my conscious mind[2] segued into the Eureka! moment I mention above.

In this light, I was greatly tempted to correct the name of this blog, at the least by flipping the order of the two words. I have restrained myself with superhuman effort, for the sole purpose of ensuring a continuity in the lives of its millions of rabid readers and followers.

[1] I want to ask you to undergo similar introspection and let us know the results.

[2] As opposed to the subconscious, which must have known for a while now.

4 comments:

Gade said...

I felt that need the first time I saw this blog name.

why not include movie reviews, cricket, book reviews etc to involve a greater reader views.

I felt the special need since I lost
interest in cricket after Azar bhai cheated(match fixing) and led down all hyderabadis. I would have been very happy person if he was never caught in that treacherous act.

A slight flick of wrist was enough to appreciate him; I had never again watched cricket with the same
enthu. No matter who may prove that its all now genuine still that doubt lingers in my mind.

There were times when I used to bunk my classes at 6 am in the morning to go to gymkana grounds to see Azzu bhai playing. How the devil tempted him to eat the fruit is beyond my imagination. My faith never returned in cricket.

Temptation...who can fathom this pit.

Pravesh Biyani said...

Yes I was thinking about the same idea. You can continue with cricket till the cricket fever subsides. You can include other things slowely. Other extension is to get "guest" writers too. I am too lazy to write something on my own regularly, but an assured audience and no pressure of writting can actually work in favor of me. What do others think about the idea?

Deepika Patil said...

Well, for me its 50-50 types!

If it is to be restricted just to cricket, the present tag is absolutley perfect.

If other stuff is to be included, then maybe it could be changed.

But when you say, “Timepass subsumes everything”, it makes me all the more indecisive…

Sundeep Pattem said...

@Rock: hmm...actually want to do some book-related writing etc. Considering starting a more "serious" blog, will let you know.

@Pravesh: Yes sir, please send in stuff you want to share. I'd be glad to post.

@Deeps: Ah, you alone appreciate the magnitude of my problem :).